CEFR Level: A1 – A2
A beginners course in business English for learners looking to build upon a basic knowledge of English. This course will greatly improve your ability and confidence to communicate in English in a wide range of business situations.
The course consists of 12 units featuring new authentic texts and listenings throughout, reflecting the latest trends in the business world.
Following a student-centred approach, we look for every opportunity to bring the topics to life in the classroom through genuine, relevant and timely activities and tasks.
- Introductions – learn about other nationalities, describing yourself in business, talking about yourself and introducing yourself and others.
- Work and Leisure – revise days, months, dates, describe your routine and leisure activities, talk about work and leisure.
- Problems – revise adjectives, read about workplace problems, practise solving problems on the telephone.
- Travel – talk about business travel, make bookings, check arrangements.
- Food and Entertaining – discuss food from different countries, reading on India, listening to an interview, making decisions.
- Buying and Selling – talk about buying different products, reading on a global success story, listening to an interview with a consultant, choosing and describing a product.
- People – talk about how you like your work, reading on women at the top, describing people, dealing with problems.
- Advertising – advertising and markets, participating in discussions, writing a product launch plan.
- Companies – listening to an interview with a specialist, reading on new markets, describing companies, starting a presentation, presenting your company, writing a company profile.
- Communication – listening to a management consultant, reading on social media, talking about internal communications, making arrangements, writing an email.
- Cultures – talking about company cultures, identifying problems and agreeing action, writing action minutes.
- Jobs – discussing jobs, reading on a profile on a professional networking site, talking about skills and abilities, interview skills, writing a letter.
*Based on Pearson Longman Market Leader series.